Sep 21, 2015

Week Review September 7-20

What. A. Week( er, two)!

I didn't finish a review last week because I ended up being really tired, so this will be sort of a mish-mash of the last two weeks.

Tuesday the 8th was a big day because I started my Veterinary Office Assistant classes. It was mostly about terminology so the first day was a little dry. I met my teachers and classmates and really like them all (though some are more annoying than others!). This semester I will be leaning:
  • Grooming Handling and Restraint
  • Veterinary Anatomy, Physiology & Terminology I
  • Veterinary Care I
  • Veterinary Nutrition
  • Veterinary Administrative Procedures I
Veterinary Care is probably my favorite because that's when behaviour is discussed. 


LAST SATURDAY

I went out shopping with a friend for scrubs, a planner, stationary, clothes, and a stuffed animal. It was all for school, I swear! I was hoping to get scrubs with a cute animal print on them but there  weren't too many options in my size. I ended up getting some plain, dark teal ones. They make me look like a freakin' professional! 

The only other thing on my list that I got was a planner. At the moment I'm using an Erin Condren planner, and it's really great, but it's expensive. After doing some research I found the Create 365 Happy Planner by Me and My Big Ideas online for $24, but the shipping was $27 which I can't justify. It was also on the michaels.com US website but not on the Michael's Canada site.  I went and checked the store just in case... and they had it! With a 50% off coupon I got it for $20! Score! 



THIS TUESDAY

Our first field trip was to the South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital. It's a very nice facility! It's a good size and the equipment is a lot newer than what my vet uses. There's even a nice loft area where we could eat and do homework! I was really nervous about being there though...the first time I watched a surgery I fainted. Just being in the building made me feel hot and wobbly; watching a hamster euthanasia, knowing there would be a postmortem surgery, nearly did me in. The anxiety and anticipation was the worst part. Once we got to the actual surgery I started to feel a bit better and even if I had passed out I would have had a whole room of girls trying to catch me. :) They are absolutely awesome and kept checking to make sure I was okay. I made it through with no problems but definitely need to find a good pair of shoes because my legs get so tired standing all day.

THIS WEDNESDAY

A busy day! I came home from school, walked the dog, had a bite to eat, then had a driving lesson. The plan was to get out on the freeway/highway for the first time. I wasn't sure if I was going to do it but figured I might as well give it a go! It went pretty well! I was hesitant on the gas at first, as usual, but once at speed wasn't too bad... unfortunately it was just about sunset so I really couldn't see too well and that cause a few problems when combined with the new location but I didn't cause any accidents. At that speed I also had a little more trouble staying in my lane, in addition having trouble keeping my speed up and turning at intersections. I've got three more lessons but I'll probably need more before I can go for my N.

No comments :

Post a Comment